Thursday, November 8, 2012

Siblings

It's crazy to think I have been the Mom of two kids for a week now.  Dominic has been such a sweet and loving brother to Christina. We left him in the care of my Mom and Emmy and went to the hospital before he got up on the morning of 11/1.  They told him that Mama and Dada went to the hospital because it was time for Sister to come out of Mama's belly.  I think he got it because he seems to understand that she is his sister, and he doesn't say anything about me having a baby in my belly anymore.  He met her about 3-4 hours after her birth, and has not shown any signs of jealousy to date.  He is constantly trying to kiss her, and it's pretty cute that he always wants to get his face lined up with hers and kiss her right on the lips.  He pronounces her name something like "Chris-Nina" and now that we are home, often brings her offerings of clean diapers or "blankets" (usually burp cloths or changing pad covers, but it's the thought that counts).  We talk about how Christina is too little to do things like eat a piece of Halloween candy or sit with us at dinner, so I hope that makes him feel like he's big and important, even if she gets a lot of attention and Mom-time.  It was also a huge help having my Mom here for the first few days after we came home.  She entertained him a lot and gave him lots of attention.

Dominic and Christina pictures:
Dominic loved the hospital and still talks about going back.  But he didn't want to be in our room.  He preferred to roam the hallways, stairs and elevators if he could get someone to take him. 
I think this is the first up close meeting of brother and sister.


Dominic made note that Christina has two eyes and a nose.
Lots of sweet kisses.

He liked to take her hat off and see her hair, but always made sure to put it back on.


Once home, there was plenty of baby furniture for both kids.  Dominic went and got his blanket so he could be like Christina.
Dominic giving Christina a head hug on YiaYia's lap.

7 comments:

  1. so precious :) wish I could have been around for more of the aftermath

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest ever! Really looking forward to seeing the kiddos everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of the best posts yet. I've had such a long hard day and randomly checked the site to see pics, etc. Make me feel better. And I saw this post and now my eyes are filled with tears, but the really happy ones, you know? Thank you so much for sharing, and taking the time to describe the little details that make us all feel like we are right there...even when we're far way:) I miss you all so much! Thanks Bets, we're really, really lucky to have you and I hope you know how much you're loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy the blog - you and all the long-distance family are the reason it exists! Your comments definitely makes my blogging efforts (which are not terribly time consuming) so worth it. Since Christina was born, I've really been missing all the family and wishing everyone was closer.

      Delete