Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bluebonnets!!

The bluebonnets this year were not as abundant as last year when we had a crazy amount of rain right before their arrival.  We did get a little rain about a week ago, and I think it helped them look pretty lush and green.  I just had to try a little harder to find a big patch.  Thanks to google, we ended up going to Brushy Creek Lake Park.  I think it's really nice to have the lake as a backdrop.

Here are a couple of native Texans surrounded by their state flower:













I am pretty happy with the pictures this year and cannot choose a favorite.  Can you?  Poor Christie is probably at her baldest right now and her cradle cap (dandruff-y scalp) is here in full force.  Dominic had equally bad cradle cap his first year.  I hope this doesn't mean she will suffer from the allergy and eczema thing too.

4 comments:

  1. I can't get over what a ham that boy has become! Emmy had pretty bad cradle cap, and she doesn't seem to bothered by allergy. Christina looks sweet and so tolerant ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be referring to the first pic on the red car. :)

      Delete
  2. Bets-I really love the first pic. You did a really great thing by having the kiddos off-center-really makes all those Bluebonnets 'pop'. If it were me, I'd crop the lake out of the top-it's too bad the plants near the lake don't look as 'lush'...in fact some look VERY thirsty:) But that pic with just bluebonnets would be great to print and frame. As always, the kids are beautiful!! And I think it will be fun for Dom, Uncle Robert and Grandpa Mike to share curly hair stories someday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was undecided about the lake so I cropped it out of some and left it in others. I want to print at least one of these. I haven't printed any pictures since Christie was born!

      Delete