Sunday, August 18, 2013

New Niece

Sorry I have not blogged in so long. I was busy getting a new niece.  Actually, the wonderful thing about nieces (and nephews for that matter) is that we have this wonderful new little person in our family through no work of my own.  I think this must be a little what it's like to be a grandparent.  I love having access to a newborn I can hold and cuddle before going home and getting 8 solid hours of sleep.  Sorry, Steffi! I hope by the time you read this you are getting better sleep too!  I miss my own kids being that tiny, but all ages have their own challenges and perks I guess.

The kids have not met baby Robin yet, but here is a picture of the Gerow granddaughters less than 48 hours before Robin got the big eviction:
They are about 9 months apart and should start Kindergarten the same year.  What fun!  I babysat Robin last night, and she smiled in her sleep right when I said something about Christie.

And here is a picture of me holding the sweet girl in the hospital, when she was two days old:
I know you can't see much, but I thought I should let her mother reveal her in detail on her own blog.  We'll see when she finds the time. :)

My mom was in town for the big event, of course.  Her birthday is only three days after Robin's.  Here we are having cake with her:

Did anyone notice how short it was??  The other layer was sent to the hospital for Steffi and Austin since they weren't released in time to partake in the celebration. 

Here are some pictures of Christie.  She looks so darn cute in her sunglasses, but she will only leave them on for about .5 milliseconds. 












And here's a picture of Dominic in his "Chuck" shirt, being silly by wearing underpants on top of his shorts.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful kiddos!! In that first pic, Christina looks EXACTLY like Dominic. The resemblance is uncanny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks pretty cute without her glasses, too :-)
    And that Dominic is sure Mr. Something-pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get more sleep last night. :)
    Really cute pics!! I think Christie looks like you in the first picture wearing (crooked) glasses. I'm getting that Nick and Betsy picture on the front porch vibe.
    I absolutely love the picture of C from above! I'm guessing she then tried to eat that blade of grass she's holding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the one from above as well. I'm sure she chewed on the grass. You know her well. :)

      Delete