Sunday, July 31, 2011

Snip, snip

We took Dominic to get his first haircut on Saturday. Our friend Alison offered to give him a trim, but she was out of town this weekend and we thought it would be fun to take him to a kid salon for the first cut.

Before pictures:
He was really interested in his sandals
Tail!
The cut:
Kids Are Our Specialty
It's a good thing we were early, because there was some business to take care of before going in.
Waiting and observing
They had him sit in a bumbo chair. Smart!
Child-sized cape.



He totally does a mouth thing when he stressed! Kind of like his Grandpa's neck thing. Emmy and I get a kick out of this.


I don't think he smiled the whole time. That's our boy.

The result.
I don't want to say that I'm disappointed with the result, but I did think there would be some magical solution to the bangs/cowlick thing he has going on in the front. Not so! I asked her to leave his hair kind of long (so curls can develop) so of course the bangs have to be relatively long too.  They are kind of combed over to the side in this picture. I wish I had more post-cut pictures. It looks nice and clean around the ears, and the tail is better. The stylist said he will always get a tail because of the way his hair grows in the back, and she gave me tips for trimming it at home.

Last but not least: the Hadzicki's sent us these darling little keepsake boxes when Dominic was born. I can't believe it's already time to use one of them!!  


I love it!

2 comments: