Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Swimming Fool

Dominic had a blast at our friend's neighborhood swimming pool on Memorial Day.  It was his first time swimming since last summer, when he couldn't walk and seemed bored sitting in his floatie. The swimming pool looked something like the pic below except there were people everywhere.  Lots of kids too.  Dominic climbed in and out of the baby pool (foreground of this pic) about a million times, and loved running into the wading pool and playing under the water spraying toys pictured.  The water was 18 inches deep by those purple and blue poles.  Dominic is about 30 inches tall, so he was a little unstable just from being so much lighter weight than he is used to.  I had to stay right by him the whole time.  He dunked under several times, and I was surprised how well he handled it.  I'm kind of terrified of water now because 1) he was fearless and walked off the edge several times and 2) when he did go under, he didn't seem able to get his head above water on his own (not that I waited long) even though standing up straight would have done the trick.  We definitely will not be buying a house with a swimming pool (well, unless we can remove it)!


Swimming pool at Tia Weiss' house. Aka "the other Aunt Steph"
Making sure the swimsuit fit earlier that day.  Tia Gloria gave him this outfit last spring!
I had to force him to take a break. He ate about 2 goldfish and wanted to go back and play.
I wish I could have taken more pictures, but I was too busy chasing after this boy.  He had such a great time.  He was really hungry when he got home, and we were both exhausted.  He was in bed with the lights out by 6:50 and he slept until 7am the next morning!  We were shocked after the 5:45am streak he has been on.  We tried an earlier bed time again tonight, so we'll see when he wakes up tomorrow.

The other thing I discovered yesterday is the awesomeness of this:
This stuff is so much easier than the lotion.  I don't think I can ever go back. 

In other news, Dominic did have a little bit of an adjustment at school today.  The teacher's prediction was right.  He cried a little when Marcos dropped him off.  I picked him up at 2:30ish, and they told me he was kind of sad in the morning, but cheered up in the afternoon.  He ate lunch (3 fish sticks and some oranges) and he slept, but only 45 minutes.  Conversation as I was putting him in the car:

Dominic: Car. Choo Choo
Mama: You want to watch Candleshoe?
Dominic: Myeh Myeh
Mama: You want to watch Candleshoe with Aunt Emmy?
Dominic: Ah (means 'yeah')
Mama: Aunt Emmy went bye-bye. Can I watch it with you?
Dominic: Ah

He talked about Emmy a lot today.  It makes me so sad.  Future Uncle Josh needs to work on getting back to Texas!

2 comments:

  1. I talk about him a lot too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I was in a pool with Dominic, Austin made him cry by splashing. Smooth.
    That is sad though. :(
    Present Uncle Josh now!

    ReplyDelete