Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Little Texan

Taking pictures of your child in a field of bluebonnets is so TEXAN.  I never planned to do this with Dominic.  Actually, I didn't really think about it at all. But the bluebonnet photo shoot concept came up in a conversation Emmy and I were having on Monday and a quick Google search revealed that bluebonnets peak in the second week of April.  Within 30 minutes, we had put D in springy outfit, grabbed his straw fedora, and headed out to Old Settlers Park in Round Rock. The truth is, I couldn't resist an opportunity to snap some pics in a new setting.  That cute boy plus my awesome new camera is one dynamite combination!











The plants were not very tall. I wonder if they'll peak late this year, or if that location just isn't the best. But we had a great time, and I think we'll definitely make this a tradition. I'm already looking forward to next year when Dominic will be trampling those poor bluebonnets.

3 comments:

  1. Twelve years from now he'll have an angry look on his face because you dragged him away from his XBox. :P

    Seriously though these pictures are amazingly cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! Maybe we'll just do it until he's 8 or so. We saw another mom there with 4 young kids. The boys were wearing sweater vests and khakis. Pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the yearly tradition idea. He'll appreciate it one day. And he'll recreate it with his own family someday, you wait and see!

    ReplyDelete