Sunday, July 29, 2012

San Diego: Airport & Hotel

Marcos, Dominic and I went to San Diego July 19-22 for Emmy and Josh's wedding reception.  We had a great time!  I am going to start by sharing pictures at Austin airport and in and around our hotel.



Marcos insisted he bring his new white adidas on the trip. I complained he would look like a tourist.  The problem was soon solved - by day two they looked like old white adidas.
We stayed at the Hilton San Diego Bay Front, which is a very nice hotel.  It is right across from Petco Park and the Convention Center. Dominic loved climbing on the window sill and looking at big trucks going into the back of the convention center and the taxis driving down Harbor Drive.


He slept in a crib provided by the hotel.  It worked great until the last night when he climbed right out.  We thought we could just let him sleep with us, but he woke up late in the night (probably from normal tossing and turning) and didn't go back to sleep for almost 2 hours.  Finally, we put him in the crib and Marcos stayed next to him and made him lie down.  He cried for about a minute and fell asleep really quickly.  We should have just done that from the beginning!  I was worried he would climb out of his own crib when we got home, but so far he has not.
The rest of these pics were taken wandering around next to the hotel one morning before heading over to my parents' house.







So funny! He ran out onto the grass and stood there making funny faces.


Most of the remaining pictures from our trip were taken by Steffi on my camera.  She went a little crazy taking pics of the boy on my parents' front porch eating crackers. :)  As far as reception pics, we only have what Steffi took also.  It's just too hard carrying a big camera around when you're busy making sure Dominic stays out of trouble and doesn't eat too many m&ms.  It was such a great time though, and big congrats to Emmy and Josh! 

4 comments:

  1. Great pics. The boy is looking kind of old! Big brother-ish I suppose ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The b'y is cute as always! I went super crazy with the crackers. I didn't want to miss any potentially priceless faces he made. :) Sorry! Also, most of the pictures I took during the reception were kind of lame. I hope I didn't keep your camera out of better hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sorry. I don't think any mother can have too many pictures of her kid. It's not like it was real film or anything. :) And if not for you, the camera would have been unused in it's case the whole reception

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete