Thursday, October 4, 2012

All About Sister

This post has been on my mind for awhile.  Guess what?! I'm pregnant! Here's the scoop:

Due Date: October 28, 2012
Gender: Girl!
Name: TBD (in the meantime, "Sister")

I know it sounds stupid, but I was pretty surprised to find out the baby is a girl.  I'm pretty sure it all comes down to my lack of imagination. I could picture myself with a little boy (duh), so that's what I thought it was. Both sides of the family are long time due for a girl, so that's pretty exciting.

Here are some ultrasound pictures from the day we found out:
Right Hand
Leg/Foot

We got over the shock pretty quickly and are very excited.  Dominic has known for months now that there is a baby in Mama's belly.  He kisses her.  He knows that she will be "too little" to ride his radio flyer car when she gets here.  He knows that all the (pink) clothes and accessories in the guest room are for Sister.  He's heard about all the people who are going to come to his house when Sister gets here (though he might not believe it anymore since it's taking so long).  He heard her heartbeat at my doctor's appointment this week and now knows that Sister says, "Boom, Boom. Boom, Boom. Boom, Boom."

What I'm afraid he doesn't know: Sister and Dominic are going to have the same Mama.  Eek.  He has been so attached to me lately.  He has always required me to put him to bed if I'm home at bedtime (99% of the time). Lately, he's been crying when Marcos goes to get him out of bed in the morning.  That happened Tues-Thurs this week.  He says "No Dada. Mama Please." and buries his face in the sheets to cry.  Marcos goes back to bed for up to 30 minutes until Dominic meekly comes over the baby monitor and says, "Dada?"  Then he's fine and they can proceed with breakfast, etc.

Is there anything else I should share about Sister? She does not have a nursery because Dominic is still in the crib.  She will sleep in our room for a couple of months.  Maybe she'll move into Dominic's room when she's sleeping through the night.  She was transverse until a couple of weeks ago, but has since turned into position. Phew.  I might be crazy, but I think she already loves her brother.  She seems to move a lot when he's around me and talking - like when we read his bed time books.  I predict she's going to think he's pretty cool.  

3 comments: