Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Pumpkin Cookies

Why not make and decorate Halloween cookies when you're 39 weeks pregnant and have an active toddler?  That's what I did this weekend.  And now I think we are officially ready for Halloween, no matter what interruptions we have in the days to come. We have a costume and candy bucket for the boy, a bag of candy for trick-or-treaters, we've visited the pumpkin patch, and we have now frosted Halloween cookies.

Marcos helped make the dough Friday night.  Dominic "helped" roll out and bake the cookies Saturday morning.  And today we finally got around to frosting them.

Keeping Mama company Saturday morning:




Dominic got to make himself a cookie after lunch on Sunday:







During nap time, I added the rest of the embellishments.  I even made Dominic a Goldbug cookie.  It's his favorite character from Richard Scarry.  I was so excited to show him when he woke up, and he started making buzzing sounds when he saw it. He thought it was a bee!  



I got down to the last three eyeballs before I noticed I had an odd number.  I wondered what kind of cyclops cookie I could make with the last one. Then it came to me: Blinky!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, you're an artiste! How can you bear to eat these masterpieces?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Bets, the Blinky cookie looks perfect!! They all look pretty artistic actually. I was thinking of making some this week, maybe it better be tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a display!! LOVE the 'Dominic' cookie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, Blinky is awesome! Also goldbug is so cute! Perhaps you'd like to join my hypothetical dessert decorating bakery. The face on the "Dominic" cookie reminds me of something. Also, I'm praying you have a safe and easy delivery soon!

    ReplyDelete