Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kiddie Acres

I'm a little behind in my blogging.  Dominic's "girlfriend" Harper had her birthday party at Kiddie Acres last Saturday.  It's hard to describe this place.  It's kind of like a little amusement park with rides that must have been around since I was a kid.  They remind me of the ones by the zoo in San Diego.  He seemed to have a lot of fun, although you'll see in the pictures that he didn't smile on the rides.  If I remember correctly, he rode the jeeps three times, the airplanes twice, the boats twice, and the merry-go-round and train one time each.  They also had a ferris wheel and live ponies.  The ponies made me think of little Bonnie in Gone with the Wind, so I'm glad he showed no interest in them.
Heading out to the party.
Behind the boats there were 4 pavilions with 4 different birthday parties.

He wanted to ride in the back of this boy's plane instead of one of the empty ones.







Not many smiles, huh?  He woke up coughing really early that morning and was exhausted.  I know he had fun because he ran from ride to ride and kept wanting to go again.  I think he liked the train the best.  The merry-go-round was probably his least favorite.

And here are some pictures from yesterday.  I took him to the playground because his school was closed for a teacher work day to get ready for the new "semester."  It's funny how they treat it like a school and not a daycare.  Semesters don't mean much to his class, but I think it does mean they will do school portraits soon.  That might be a fun first for us.
I think this one is funny because his face looks so chubby.  It doesn't really look like Dominic to me.

Marcos took him to the doctor in the afternoon to see if there is anything we can do about his cough.  It's been going on for over a week, and bothers him the most at night.  The doctor said his lungs sound good, and all we can do is run the humidifier at night and try steam in the bath to loosen up phlegm. I guess he just has a cold. She said his ears look perfect and he's been very healthy for a kid who has been in daycare 3 months now.  Woohoo!  He weighed 29 pounds with his clothes on, and stood on the real scale instead of sitting on the baby scale.  My boy is all grown up!

He got his hair cut after the doctor, so he is looking very grown up too.  Here is a picture of him laying on the sidewalk when I told him it was time to come in and get ready for bed.  I think he was trying to say he'd sleep outside.
 

2 comments:

  1. How funny that he wanted to ride in the plane with that little boy! I'm sorry he has a cough. I do love the last picture. Lots of attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last one - why does it remind me of the photo of Evan showing how he was too tired to shut the door unless his mom made him chocolate milk? :-)
    That birthday party looks like a dream come true for a Dominic!

    ReplyDelete