Tuesday, August 21, 2012

UPS Truck

A couple Fridays ago we went to Andy's work for a tour. Andy is Marcos' cousin who lives in Austin and builds guitars - yes, we have guitar building experience on both sides of the family. How cool is that?! Dominic didn't do too well on the tour; there was a lot of talking and not much moving. Marcos  and I ended up hanging out with him outside while Tony, Ita, Uncle Tony and Judi finished the tour.   Dominic could not have been more thrilled when a UPS truck pulled up about 10 feet from us and loaded about a dozen guitar-sized boxes into its cargo.  He stared in fascination. When it drove away he said very clearly, "Bye, UPS truck."  The truck was definitely the highlight of the outing for Dominic and we had a lot of conversations about it in the days that followed. Here is a video of me trying to get Dominic to talk about it.

I love how he says "boxes" and also that he mentioned the apple - Andy was indeed eating one when we arrived, but it was not discussed at the time or prior to this video. Dominic must have had it stored away in his memory!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! My jaw dropped a little when he said "boxes." He is saying so much more now! And he seems kind of like a genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these videos Bets! They will keep me close to home when I leave:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I wrote this I've been feeling guilty about saying the truck was the highlight of the event. I just meant the actual tour. How can I ignore his squeals of delight when he was playing with Andy after dinner? Or the fact that he LOVES seeing Tio and Mio and Ita. He had a ton of fun that day, and the UPS truck was just the icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete