Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Tree

We went to get our Christmas tree on December 1.  I don't think any Austinites read this, but if you do, we always have a great experience at Papa Noel on 360.  They are friendly and have great trees.

Dominic has been saying a lot of cute things lately.  We pulled up next to the large red tent housing all the trees and he said he wanted to go in the "Christmas house".   As we were driving home with our tree tied to the car's roof, he said, "Don't fall down, Christmas tree."

Here are some pictures in and around the Christmas house:
The weather was high 60s. So disappointing!

He could see how the little trees were kind of like Charlie Brown's tree.

Me and the kids. Christina loves being carried in the baby bjorn.

Silly boy. I forget why he made this face.

We decorated the tree the next morning. Dominic liked looking through the boxes of ornaments. He only broke one - a generic glass ball that shattered when he dropped it.

Finished product.  Marcos was ok with a normal sized tree this year.  See Emmy - no hallway blockage.

I picked up these cute bears when out shopping with my Mom this week. They are ornaments.

The stockings are hung.  Emmy is making one for Christina like she did for Dominic, and mine was handmade by my Mom many years ago.  We need to do something about Marcos...
In other news, my Mom was here all week to help me survive Marcos' first trip since Christina's birth.  Not only did I survive, but I was downright spoiled.  She left this morning.


This is before my Mom's visit.  Pretty much all naps occur on Ita and YiaYia when either one is in town.

3 comments:

  1. great pictures! I like the reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and your tree is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Marcos said he was tickling Dominic in the second Santa picture.

      Delete